Saturday, September 7, 2013

Inking by the ocean



I don't draw much these days, so I sometimes forget how much fun it can be to open a bottle of ink, sit down with a fine tip brush and do some inking… especially when someone else has already done the heavy lifting, i.e. the penciling.

This past week, when Jeannine and I were spending some time at the new place in Maine, I drove up to Wells to visit my pal Steve Lavigne (something I will be doing again this coming Saturday, the 14th, when I join Jim Lawson at Steve's "Shellback Artworks" store from noon until 4PM to do a signing). Steve showed me a cool drawing he'd done of Casey Jones, and I asked him if I could ink it. Steve not only agreed, but gave me a bottle of ink and a brush right off one of his store shelves.

I decided to work on it in a space I'd set up in the new house specifically so Jeannine could sit at a window with a great view of the ocean while she writes or reads. I figured it would probably be a good place to draw as well, and I was right. I had a blast inking the drawing, and occasionally looking up and seeing the waves. 

Here's a vertical panorama I made from some photos I took about halfway through the inking process. -- PL


5 comments:

  1. That sounds great. Cool drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Awesome viewof the sea. Congrats on the home sir! The border of Raph in the background reminds me of "Blind Sight".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks nice. But I must admit:
    I am very sad that Leonardo still didn't get his answers from "Splinter".
    So, I would like to ask you Peter, IF you should decide to not continue Volume 4 for sure, will you use this blog to grant us a glimpse of your vision how that epic story should have continued?
    I don't know how many of us are still lurking for that stuff, but those who do really care.
    The new Nickelodeon stuff is surely nice for the youngsters, and the IDW feels like a very professional fan-fiction, but we old fools are a little bit abandoned. Just curious. Hopefully not too pushing.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter! I'm writing you on here in hopes that you possibly read your comments. I am a TMNT enthusiast and I own a small facebook page with followers that love 80s comics and cartoons. I would love a chance to talk with you about how TMNT started and your personal experiences with it, over the year. The TMNT fans on my site would love it. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please email me: voltronranger@gmail.com my website is voltronranger.com and my facebook group is facebook.com/voltronranger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun games to choose from every day.


    บาคาร่าออนไลน์ Gambling Site Victory Gambling Gambling industry How To Win Big Money Fun to develop. Create a play style very well. Online Gambling Games Fun and playable games every day. No time limit Find more financial opportunities and experience. Fun to develop. Entertainment at a pace A game that everyone is happy every day. Meet the online gambling games that have been well received. We have taken care of the online game system as well. You can easily ask the staff to play with each other. Choose the best bet. Luck of the modern era. New way to gambling Win a lot of prizes. Make extra income in a gambling perspective with ease. Giving every opportunity to gambling is always possible. More than 30 million cash or ready to play with the gambling industry. Welcome to all ages to play at the web สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete